I'm at an exciting point. Rather than beginning immunotherapy infusions for a year, I'm going to be monitored and tested every three months. So basically, my job is to recover from the radiation impacts and get on with my life.

  Because of the dual mutations in my tumor, the immunotherapy impact rate is only about 2%. The risks and side effects with the treatment aren't worth that gamble to me, so we chose to forego the immunotherapy.  Once I recover from the esophagitis caused by the radiation and hopefully put back some of the weight I've lost, I just 'keep on truckin'. Right now, Mrs. Grass' Noodle Soup is my favorite food, along with Ensure. I'm sure it won't be long and I'll be saying 'pass the popcorn'.

I know good things were on the horizon when on Memorial Day Glenn called me to the window and said 'I just saw a Blue Heron fly up in our black walnut tree.' Sure enough a giant blue heron perched there. It finally flew into the neighbor's yard and and then began it's odd walk. It crossed into the next yard and then flew off. I was telling this to my son-in-law who told me that according to Native American tradition, an encounter with a blue heron brings a message of self-determination and the ability to progress and evolve.  Isn't that a beautiful symbol in the heart of downtown Worthington?



I'm not sure when I'll have any information to report again. So touch base every once in awhile so we can catch up.


Gari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog